As the leading national and regional organization promoting adolescent health and welfare, ESAM has organized scientific conferences in Egypt and other Arab countries. The conferences aim at breaking the silence around the unmet needs of the large and increasing cohort of adolescents in Egypt and the Middle East and North Africa Region. It would also emphasize that investing in adolescents’ health, development and well-being is the most cost-effective investment a nation can make for the future. The specific objectives of the conferences are:
THE REGIONAL CONFERENCES ARE HELD TO REPRESENT THE IAAH MENA REGION:
- Organized by the Egyptian Society for Adolescent Medicine in Cairo, Egypt
- May 12-14th, 2017
- Attended by 220 participants from 26 countries.
- Organized by the Ministry of Health of the Sultanate of Oman in Muscat
- October 22-24th, 2018
- Attended by 310 participants from 24 countries
- Organized by the Royal Health Awareness Society of Jordan under the Patronage of the Jordanian Ministry of Health in Amman and in collaboration with the International - Development and Research Center (IDRC), Canada.
- December 12-14th, 2019
- Attended by 280 participants from 25 countries