Ghada Mohammad Anwar, MD Pediatrics
Ghada M Anwar is a professor of pediatrics, Kasr Alainy School of medicine; she is consultant in pediatric endocrinology and diabetes.
Vice-Dean for education and students affairs at faculty of medicine Nahda University
She is a member in European society of pediatric endocrinology (ESPE).
She is certified pump trainer and diabetes educator.
She is ex-director of Diabetes Endocrine and Metabolism Pediatric Unit.
Founder and Ex-director of pediatric skills lab/ Cairo University.
She has diploma in health profession education. Her areas of expertise are in curriculum development, students’ evaluation, and quality control.
She is an International Certified Master Trainer (CIMT) and HR consultant. She is a member in Faculty and leadership development center, Cairo University.
Member of Arabic Association of Certified International Master Trainers.
She is instructor of pediatric advanced life support courses accredited by American Heart Association (AHA). She is an AHA faculty member.
Member of Egyptian Pediatric Association. Member in Egyptian Society of Pediatric Endocrinology and Diabetes (ESPED). Member of the Egyptian Lactation Consultants Association (ELCA).
She is a board member of Egyptian Society of Adolescent Medicine (ESAM), she is the Egyptian representative member for the Arab coalition for Adolescent Medicine.
She is a member of Growth hormone committee in health insurance.
She is an associate editor in Egyptian Pediatric Association Gazette.
An Editorial board member in EC Endocrinology and Metabolic Research open access journal. She is an editorial board member in The Egyptian Lactation Association scientific Journal.
She has many researches and international publications in field of pediatrics and pediatric diabetes and endocrinology.
- Two chapters in Auxology Book: Studying Human Growth and Development, Ed.: Michael Hermanussen. Language: English ISBN 978-3-510-65278-5 “Menarcheal Age in Developing Countries” and “Overweight and Obesity in Children in Developing Countries”
- “Practical skills learning guides and checklist” for undergraduate 5th year medical students
- “Communication skills in medicine” e-learning module through Cairo University E-learning Centre
- Author of a chapter in “The Professional Trainer” a training manual accredited by Southwestern accreditation council and American institute of professional studies. ISBN: 2013/19718
- One of the contributors in the diabetes education book التثقيفالطبى” لأطفالالسكررقم –
- 8002 الايداع: 13111 ”
- Chapter in TOT training manual for FLDP/Cairo university titled “ملاحظةالسلوكوبناءالثقة”
- Type 1 Diabetes and Familial Meditranian Fever. Is there an association. Published by LAMBERT Academic Publishing. ISBN: 978-3-659-69973-3/2015
- Pediatrics for clinical pharmacy students.
- “Nutrition for special age group” scientific material developed for مبادرة الرائد الجامعى. For National Population Council (NPC) to train university students to do orientation of the public about proper nutrition.
- “سيطرعلىسكركقبلمايسيطرعليك” for diabetes education for educators and patients with type 1 diabetes, 2019. رقمالإيداعبدارالكتبوالوثائقالقوميه : 02402
Certificates of appreciation
1. Appreciation certificate from Prof. Hosam El Malahi the president of Nahda University/Faculty of Medicine for developing a new 5-year undergraduate system integrated medical curriculum/2018.
2. Appreciation certificate and prize from head of pediatric department/ Cairo University for establishment of skills lab and training under and post graduate students on practical skills and preparing the learning guidelines/2015
3. Appreciation certificate from Cairo University president Gaber Nassar for delivering High quality professional training program in FLDC/2015
4. Appreciation certificate from Cairo University president Gaber Nassar for international publications 2013
5. Appreciation certificate from Cairo University president Gaber Nassar for international publications 2014
6. Appreciation certificate from Cairo University president Gaber Nassar for international publications 2015
7. Appreciation certificate from minister of higher education Prof. Hany Helal for training trainers for ICT 2010
8. Appreciation certificate from Arab Institute for Continuing Medical development for running training course for pediatricians and family medicine doctors in diabetes, endocrinology, Evidence based medicine, emergencies in pediatrics.
9. Appreciation certificate from and prize from Egyptian Pediatric association for outstanding support and contribution for success of the journal Gazzette
10. Appreciation certificate from president of the Egyptian society of adolescent medicine for Participation in curriculum development of Post graduate studies for adolescent medicine
11. Appreciation certificate from president of 6th Minia pediatric conference for participating for success of the conference
12. Appreciation certificate from Dean of Faculty of Medicine Cairo university for international publications/2015
13. Appreciation form director of FLDP for training of 16 trainers to be internationally accredited
14. Appreciation form director of FLDP for being accredited as international certified trainer
15. Appreciation letter from vice dean of faculty of medicine to finish pediatric curriculum development
16. Appreciation letter from director of Cairo university hospitals for training foreign post graduate students
17. Appreciation letter from director of diabetes and endocrine unit for participation in writing emergency guidelines for residents.
Work experience in the field of medical education:
1. Development of system integrated medical program for undergraduates in Nahda University in Beni Suif, I was the head of the curriculum committee/ 2018.
2. Development of Family Dentistry curriculum in Egyptian fellowship training programs/2009.
3. Development of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery curriculum in Egyptian fellowship training programs/2009.
4. Development of Orthopedics curriculum in Egyptian fellowship training programs/2009.
5. Establishment of first skills lab in pediatric department/Cairo university, training of tutors on how to teach clinical skills/and development of learning guides and checklists/2011.
6. Instructor and developer of training material in Cairo University Training Center to train staff members in different workshops (communication skills, TOT, leadership, change management, scientific writing, research ethics, research methods, quality in education)/2004 till now.
7. Instructor and developer of training material in Egyptian fellowship program to train physician of ministry of health (EBM, health informatics).
8. Instructor and developer of training material in Medical Syndicate (Arab Union of Doctors) to train junior doctors in the field of pediatrics diabetes and endocrinology.
Training activities as tutor:
1. Instructor of 21 PALS courses carried out at training center at abu Elreesh (each course have 8-13 participants), and 3 PALS courses at medical syndicate
2. Instructor of 1 PEARS course carried out at training center at abu Elreesh
3. Monitoring for at least 8 PALS instructors
4. Participation in training nurses and doctors on adolescent health
5. Participation in training doctors in ministry of health in National Training Institute to be clinical trainers and preparation of the training material
6. Training of pediatrician and family doctors on basic principles of pediatric endocrinology and diabetes as educational activities by Egyptian Pediatric Association.
7. Participation in training under and post graduate medical students in the field of pediatrics and pediatric diabetes and endocrinology
8. Participation in training doctors of ministry of health in EBM and health informatics and preparation of training material.
9. Participation in training foreign students in the faculty
10. Participation in training staff of Cairo university on scientific writing, communication skills, TOT, medical education, research methods, quality in medical education and preparation of training material.